Saturday, October 3, 2009

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

I have an extra special nephew! God sent Brandon to our family wrapped in the blanket of Down Syndrome. He has taught me many things in the past three and three quarter years. He loves everyone; Brandon has never met a stranger. His love is unconditional. He works diligently to do everyday tasks. Brandon likes to do his work well. If he could make the rules, everything would start on time, everyone would have a schedule, smiles and hugs would abound, and everyone would enjoy snack time.

At first I thought, that extra chromosome was just another part of the curse, but now I see it is really a blessing. God created each of us special and unique! We are to fulfill the purpose that He planned before the beginning of this world. How can one created being say to another, you are inferior--you do not measure up. Brandon has taught me that God does not make mistakes.

In honor of National Down Syndrome Month...

Down Syndrome Creed

My face may be different,
but my feelings the same.
I laugh and I cry
and take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you
to teach and to love
as God in the heavens
looks down from above.
To Him I'm no different,
His love knows no bounds;
It's those here among you,
in cities and towns
that judge me by standards
that man has imparted,
But this family I've chosen
will help me get started.
For I'm one of the children,
so special and few,
that came here to learn
the same lesson as you.
That love is acceptance,
it must come from the heart;
we all have the same purpose,
though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life
to live and embrace,
and I'll do it as you do,
but at my own pace.

~Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment