Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Reading

It's summer. That means it's time to READ. Well, any time is a good time to read. This summer, my stack of books is taking longer to chew through because of nine hours of college credits and one ginormous (is that even a word?) research paper to left to finish. This month I've read, drum roll please...

Humility: True Greatness by C. J. Mahaney
Radical Womanhood: Feminine Faith in a Feminist World by Carolyn McCulley
Living by the Book by Howard and William Hendricks
The Female Brain by Louann Brizendine

The Female Brain was an excellent read. I did not care for the evolutionary, feminist point-of-view the author would at times default to. Mainly the book focused upon the physiological and chemical reactions that are happening in the mind of a female. It was super interesting to me because I've enjoyed reading about brain research since college. This book shows how fearfully and how wonderfully the Creator made us--women!

I have yet to read something by Howard Hendricks that I did not enjoy and learn.

Radical Womanhood is a refreshing read. Several of the blogs I follow, had mentioned this book and it is better than they reported.

Humility is a book I am rereading and rereading! It is one of those books that will change you if you put its ideas into practice. Mahaney applies Scripture to every part of life and shows experientally how applying the truth of Scripture changed his life.

Thomas Jefferson said it best, "I cannot live without books!"

No comments:

Post a Comment