Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Value of Saying Thanks

Today was different that most Tuesdays for me. Instead of being in front of 20+ eager scholars, I had the opportunity to be a "Girl Friday" again. It has been ages since I've worked in Dad's office for a full day. It brought back memories of being a teenager. (How did I get so old so quickly...that is another post all together...) One man came in to pay his premium. He noticed that all the regular staff was gone and commented on the fact. I explained that each was at a meeting, and I was substituting for my sister instead of another teacher. He paused from filling out his check and looked me in the eye, "Thanks for being here today. Thanks for being here so I could make my payment." That comment made me smile all afternoon and lifted my spirits. Being thankful may seem so small and insignifigant, but gratitude in the little things of life make a great impact!


To each of you, thank you for your friendship! Thank you for just being YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment