Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ginger, Cinnamon, and SPICE!

Those of us with the melanocortin 1 gene know carrots have green tops! We have been kissed by angels. Although I gave up tanning years ago, I still work diligently at my mini-tan collection. I love being a redhead! Freckles are cool. Copper, cinnamon, ginger, auburn, fire, or strawberry-red call it what you like, but there is a special bond between redheads. We are noticed and notice each other. Like Anne of Green Gables, my red hair is a part of who I am; there is a redheaded personality.


I hope this post makes you laugh and brings you some extra smiles. While some might contend a redhead’s hair is a warning label; passion, spirit, and life ooze from every redhead whether shy or outgoing. To all my redheaded friends, this post is dedicated to you!

I thank You, Lord, for creating me a redhead!

Redhead Quotations

"A face without freckles is like a night without stars."

"Blondes are noticed but redheads are never forgotten."

“If you want trouble… find yourself a redhead.”

"Redheads are dry and easily irritated. And that's just talking about their skin!" ~a dermatologist

"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair," said Anne reproachfully.

"People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is."
~Anne to Marilla in Anne of Green Gables
"When red headed people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn."
~Mark Twain, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

"Please just call me red-headed and forgive me."
~Anne to Gilbert in Anne's House of Dreams

"I'm a stubborn red head. I'm determined and I like challenges."
~Heather Moyse
There once was a girl
with a Strawberry Curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good
she was very, very good
but when she was bad she was horrid.

"Nobody who has known a redhead can say that redheads are tame. Even shy redheads have a burning spark of adventure inside them. Opinionated, hotheaded, logical, loyal, friendly, reserved, whatever the redheads' personality, you can bet they'll have SCADS of it!"
~Review of The Redhead Encyclopedia

“We redheads are a minority, we tend to notice each other – you know, and notice our identity.”
-Juliann Moore, actress

“Of course, part of the problem with redheads is that there aren't enough of them. They make up just two percent of the population. So they're pretty extraordinary. Redheads are too numerous to be ignored, too rare to be accepted.”
Grant McCracken,
from his book Big Hair

Charlie Brown always was in love with that mysterious “little red-haired girl”.

Thoughts from a Redhead

“…Indeed, I am strongly convinced, there is more, much more, to being a redhead than the color of one’s hair. After all, hair color changes naturally throughout one’s life. It can also be changed deliberately. But we were born redheads, we live as redheads, and someday we will die redheads. It cannot be taken away from us. Nor can it be obtained by simply dyeing one’s hair. In other words, redheads are born, not made.

…I guess what I am trying to say is that we are not redheads because our hair is red (and every redhead has naturally red hair at least sometime in his life). Rather, I am convinced; our hair is red because we are redheads.

Being a redhead comes from within. Redheadedness is a quality of the person, a state of mind. Red hair is simply an external, physical, manifestation, and a sure giveaway of this state of mind. Because of its beauty, red hair also is a special gift of nature given to redheads in appreciation for our special role in human society.”
-G. Adam Stanislav
at http://www.whizkidtech.redprince.net/redheads/



Redheads and The Men Who Love Them

"Gentlemen may prefer blondes, but it takes a real man to handle a redhead."

"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead."
~Lucille Ball

“They are probably the worst people to date. They are demanding and obsessive and they can’t make up their minds about anything, so they are very difficult to figure out. But I still love them.”

“Redheads have been nicknamed demons by my associates and I because of what they can do to the human heart. Best thing that’s hit the Earth, ever. Never had too much luck with them though. Advice is accepted….”

"When a fellow has a home and a dear, little, red-haired wife in it what more need he ask of life?"
~Gilbert in Anne's House of Dreams

"Two women in the house and one of them a redhead."
~Michaleen Flynn in "The Quiet Man"

“I used to hate my red hair, but now I love the attention I get with it. I think that very smart, daring men love red hair, and I love that in a man.”

“The sun on a brunette’s hair looks red. The sun on a redhead’s hair looks like Heaven on Earth.”

Redhead Jokes

Q: Why didn’t the Indians scalp red heads?
A: They knew better!

Redheads are just blonds with high blood pressure!

Q: Why do redheaded ladies really like their hair color?
A: It does for men the same thing it does for bulls.

Q. How is a redhead like a tennis racquet?
A. They're both high-strung.

Q. Why aren't there more redhead jokes?
A. Someone made the mistake of telling them to a redhead.



"Ruadh gu brath!"

Scots Gaelic for "Red heads forever!"

Articles
It’s A Pain Being Ginger The BBC reported, that according to doctors, redheads are more susceptible and likely to experience pain. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2329313.stm
Gingers Extinct in 100 Years, Scientists Say The Courier Mail reported, according to genetic scientists, redheads could be extinct in less than a century. http://www.news.com.au/gingers-extinct-in-100-years-say-scientists/story-e6frfkp9-1111114243424

Credits
http://ylcf.org/anne/carrotsnfreckles/
http://www.marciaconner.com/bout/redhair.html
http://www.raising-redheads.com/index.html
http://www.whizkidtech.redprince.net/redheads/



"Red on head, enough said!"
 ~Kathleen Miller's version


No comments:

Post a Comment