Saturday, November 12, 2011

First College Football Game

Today, I had a first.  I experienced my first college football game.  It was much longer than the ten o'clock news highlights but lots more enjoyable.  In college, I did not think it was a prudent use of free time to sit and watch a ball get throw, carried, or fumbled.  There were much better ways to waste time. Maybe it had to do with the people sitting beside me.

My cousin Graham flew in for the weekend so he could go to the game.  Missouri was playing Texas (the state where Graham grew up), so Dad invited him to come.  For a while it seemed as if Graham would not be able to make it, so feeling badly for Dad, I volunteered to go.  Wondering all the while how I would handle the crowd.  Graham did make it, and Kathryn got to come along too!

Auto Owners, an insurance company for which Dad writes, was having a tailgate party before the game. The highlight was having our picture taken with Truman the Tiger and seeing the Golden Girls do a private pre-game preformance. Kathryn and Dad were able to do some networking and meet people that they worked with over the phone.

Mizzou won the televised game. We did have fun picking up some extra cups.  Dad took us under "the tunnel" and then we walked through Greek Town so Graham could see the Pi Phi house (where his mom had lived).  It was a long walk back to the car.  Dad and I had a good conversation.  It was great to spend time with family (and get in some much needed walking time)!



No comments:

Post a Comment