Sunday, November 20, 2011

My First Christmas in Como

Warning: The following pictures were taken before Thanksgiving night!  An evergreen was lit and decorated while stockings were hung-- all before the turkey was even put in the oven!  However, I found lots to be thankful for...
    
       Relations that had given me many decorations, ornaments, and figurines to "deck my hall".
      An aunt that went nutty for at at least a decade!  :)
      So many stories that are hidden in each of the ornaments
      Past Christmas memories
      Christmas traditions
      Creating my own new traditions

Back in 1994, I started writing a Christmas note to myself every year and storing them in on very old fashioned looking ornament. It was a blast to to read all of them again.  Then I pulled out my note from last year and realized that God had answered two of the prayer requests I had mentioned in that letter.  I am teaching fourth grade and God has given me a beautiful apartment!  So many friends helped me move, one girl friend even let me store stuff in her basement for the summer.
I am so thankful for answered prayers.  This fall, I have learned many things; I am grateful that He answers with yes, no, or wait.  God has taken care of me, listened to me talk, eaten dinner with me, and been my Constant Companion. When I have told Him I don't understand; He has helped me find peace by showing me more of Himself. This sounds rather religious, but I don't know how I would have made it with out Him. He knows my prayers and I know that I can trust Him to answer every one in His sovereign will. I've also decided the hardest thing one can be asked to do is wait.  (That's an entirely different blog post!)     

Thinking back to years gone by, when we would wait for mom to leave to go to the grocery store just so we could pull out one of her Christmas records and listen to it before she came home...listening to CAT Christmas 94.3 seemed like forbidden treat! In Mom's defense, she taught us to be thankful and gave us many great memories! In my adult years, it has been Christmas music that has pulled me through some difficult times. This year was no different. A first I never thought I would have, but I treasured it.  Pulling out Christmas gave me lots to be thankful for!

Such fun getting the presents ready to give away! Hot Coco and Russian Tea will be made in the near future!
I hope you enjoy this Thanksgiving & Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. Finally sat down to read what has been going on in your life of blogging. You have been very busy and oh how I have enjoyed each and every post since last time. I hope that in 2012 I can get to really blogging like you do. You, Kristen and the rest of the blogs I love reading when I get a chance have really inspired me. At least maybe then the yearly Christmas letter would be a bit easier after sitting down and rereading the post of that year! (: I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete