This has been a rather interesting week. On Saturday Dad treated Kathryn and me to lunch at Roxanne's Cafe. It was Dad's way of saying thanks for watching Grandma so Mother and he could have a night out with friends. Since Kathryn can't have anything with milk products, she tried a new salad dressing: ketchup (no, not at Roxanne's). This is not a fad that I'm going to even attempt. Monday, I began my "travels" by visiting The National World War One Museum. Tuesday was memorable. One little one asked me "Whose mommy are you?" "Sweetheart, I'm just the substitute recess teacher today..." After school I went to my favorite place...the library! Several books I had ordered were in. Kristen, my sister, has posted her reading list for this year, and well, more than a few books caught my interest. Snow was the main buzz at school on Wednesday. The fire drill was moved to the morning, other schools were letting out early, and we all were wondering if there would be a snow day on Thursday. The woodland scene was a panoramic view of a winter wonderland when I stepped out of my car. We did get that snow day so the carpet had a date with the vacuum. Freshly vacuumed carpets just make the house seem happy! Well, it's Friday again, I enjoyed being with sixth graders, bought a jeans jacket, took some pictures, blogged, and now it's time to go to bed.
A flock of robins appeared in our neighborhood on Sunday. I think they got their months messed up in their date planners. It's the middle of winter...Mr. Punxsutawney Phil has not made his debut yet. We have put out bird seed and bread crumbs since the snow fell to help these misguided fowls. Walking home today, I was reminded seeing their foot prints, that God was well aware of their early return and He has a purpose. So the things that just don't seem to make sense in my life right now (like a flock of robins in January), I just need to trust and keep pecking away.


Fun!! Its look like you had a great time and had a lot of great photo's too!! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs
ReplyDelete