Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? ~Matthew 7.7-11
Kenzie and I were cuddling in the family room, as is the nightly tradition, before she went to bed. Sugar, the cat, decided that she to needed her "cuddles," so she hopped on my lap and lay next to Kenzie. My mind drifted back to a conversation with my brother-in-law. Justin told me that he never planned to own a cat after moving out of his parents home. Growing up, my sister and I had only dogs as pets since I was very allergic to all the furry felines. For six months, whether Justin was at home or out in the field, Kenzie would ask her Daddy every night for a cat. Before coming to Nana and Granddad's this summer to pick up Kenzie and Brandon, Justin and Kristen procured Sugar--Kenzie's cat. I remember how delighted she was when her Daddy told her about her new kitten.
Sugar was God's reminder to me tonight. Keep praying, you may have been praying for years, but keep praying. The faith of a little girl in her daddy, and on my lap was the living proof. How much more should I pray believing that "no good thing will He withhold from he who walks uprightly!" My heavenly Father hears my prayers and I know that He will answer them. I may not understand, but I know that He is good so His answer is good. Oh, some days, to just have the faith of a child! "Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief!"
That is one very great post!!!!
ReplyDelete