Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. ~Psalm 106.1
This week has been bountiful in blessings! I've spent the last nine days in Chicago basking in just being a sister and aunt. My sister and I had lots of fun working on our blogs. She shared with me many of the blogs she reads. On one of these blogs, Becoming A Strong Woman of God, I found Thankful Thursday. Each Thursday, I plan to list some of what I am thankful for or choose a theme of thankfulness for that week. As one of the Veggie Tale songs states, "A thankful heart is a happy heart!"
Things I am thankful for this week...
1. A sister and brother-in-law that opened their home and their gracious hospitality!
2. Time to spend just talking with my little sister, who has become SO wise.
3. A brother-in-law that took time to clean, update, and load stuff on my laptop. THANKS!
4. For the side-splitting laughter...
5. That my sister believes in sharing. I get to have all the fun of being an aunt without the responsibility of parenthood.
6. "Riding the pony"
7. The ability to take my niece and nephew different places.
8. Healthy banana smoothies. My sister has the VERY best recipe!
9. A nephew that smiles 98% of the time. He has the uncanny ability of knowing when his Aunt needed a hug. Not to mention putting up with many unsolicited hugs and kisses.
10. A niece that would snuggle and read with me.
11. Dancing with my nephew.
12. Goofing around with my niece and nephew. Laundry baskets can be great fun!
13. Learning more about my sister's health food journey.
14. Late night cravings...just like old times!
15. A sister that understood my need for coffee and graciously gave up her 30 Day challenge.
16. Unexpected Opportunities...the library, the nursery, the coffee shops, the chit-chats, the books.
17. Being in an awesome Sunday Sunday class. Thanks Mr. Craigmiles!
18. Veggie Tales
19. Listening to my niece recite her Bible verses.
20. Helping Kenzie with her homework.
21. Date Nights (No...Jus & Kris went out) The kidlets and I had lots of fun with (unhealthy) pizza, a movie, books, and did I mention being crazy?!
22. Tickle time
23. "A Boring Life" Thanks for sharing your bit of heaven with me, Sis!
24. A wise brother-in-law...
25. That B. came through the surgery well. Thanks for praying! A special friend that called me!
I have so much to be thankful for! These 25 don't even begin to scratch the surface. Thank you Lord for all the good things you give me.
What are you thankful for?

What a blessing to read your blog it is WONDERFUL!! You are very inspiring. "Thankful Thursdays", what a wonderful idea--not to mention the other six days too. What am I thankful for; the list would be very long but,children who have become Godly adults!
ReplyDeletevery cool, I am a women of many words!
ReplyDeleteHi Katie thank you so much for the shout and linking up for Thankful Thursdays! I didnt see a place to follow you. Thanks for stopping by as well. I look forward to stopping by again!! Here is a link to our Thankful Thursday button http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_51u3k8CQ5hI/TBy5-tpmgaI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/lfEsQT64wSM/s1600/Thankful+Thursday%2527s.jpg
ReplyDeleteBe blessed and have a great weekend!! ~Blessings Sonya
Thanks Sonya, I was not certain which I was to use. Have a fantastic day.
ReplyDelete