Oops, I wondered how long I'd be able to keep up posting about my week on a timely basis.
I thought I had a full day of teaching 7th grade Language Arts, but it was just for the afternoon. So with a whole morning at my disposal, I went to Caribou Coffee (it was right across the street from the school) and spent some time working on my Bible study, Beth Moore's The Patriarchs. God met with me during those two and a half hours. I felt a total peace and got a glimpse of God's heart.
A few years ago, I realized just how ignorant I was about the wonderful city I lived near all my life. This year, I made a list of places I wanted to go and sites I wanted to see and have started traveling around. Click the frozen fountain if you want to read more about my adventurous jaunts.
The cold water faucet handle is having an identity crisis! It keeps going around and around because it can't decide if it wants to be itself, follow that "hottie" or just defiantly stick out any old way. So while the kitchen sink might just bother me a bit, it is a reminder that trying to look hot is not cool if you only handle the cold cases.
I'm blessed to live in a home with running water, many don't have this privilege that I come to expect. The cold water is extremely cold and I do not have to wait for a minute like I do in the summer time. This is one of the many reasons I love winter.
Yes, there is sidewalk. Thank you to the wonderful citizen(s) who cleared two blocks of snow, I appreciated not walking on the street.
I'm blessed with a closet FULL of clothes, not to mention drawers and cabinets full too. This week I enjoyed "down-sizing" my wardrobe and deciding what I wanted to give away. That rule of purging what you have not worn in a year, well, ever so slowly my stacks kept growing. It's was a blessing to be able to take several sacks to the second-hand store in Dad's building on Main Street.
Last week was a week of blessings! Okay, so I'm trying to play catch up and make one post count for two. Check out my friend Sonya's blog Becoming A Strong Woman of God to read more posts about Thankful Thursdays and 365 Fridays.








No comments:
Post a Comment